MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2021 Mountain Top Life Devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya
Topic: Who Is The Holy Spirit (3)
Jn. 20:22 – “And when he had said thus, He breathed on them and saith unto them “Receive ye the Holy Ghost”
MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2021 Mountain Top Life Outline
Let us learn more about the person and works of the Holy Spirit today. This will help us to seek and relate with Him more deeply from now. For you to understand who the Holy Spirit is fully, you must have His infilling. Jesus Christ breathed unto His disciples to receive the Holy Spirit in John 20:22.
This is the special filling of the Holy Spirit that all believers should experience so as to be effective in God’s work. You must avoid trying to do His work in your own strength because you will not succeed. The Holy Spirit gives power and this power includes courage, boldness, confidence, insight, ability and authority.
As a believer, you need all these gifts to preach the gospel and fulfil your other missions on earth. If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Saviour, you can experience the power of the Holy Spirit in your life (Acts 1:8). The Holy Spirit is the teacher that will bring to your remembrance all things and keep you from going astray. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to discern the truth from error (Jn. 14:26; 1 Jn. 2:27).
Also, He is the beginning of your experience as a believer. You cannot belong to Christ or be limited to Him without the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:17). Without the Holy Spirit, you cannot be adopted as His child (Rom. 8:14-17; Gal. 4:6-7). The Holy Spirit is the power of your new life. He begins the life-long process of change in your life that makes you more like Christ. He is the seal of God that makes you belong to Him and His guarantee to you that He will do what He has promised.
He transforms you and gives you hope of eternal life. The Holy Spirit is described as a Dove which symbolises peace, meaning that when you are baptized with the Holy Spirit, you have peace. He is also described as fire that will purify you, as rain or dew that will refresh you, as a voice that will guide and warn you and as oil that will illuminate, consecrate and heal you.
With the presence of Holy Spirit in your life, nothing will be impossible for you.
I prophesy that the tongue of fire from heaven shall sit upon your life as it happened on the day of Pentecost, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: Awake, My Tongue
1. Awake, my tongue, thy tribute bring
To Him Who gave thee pow’r to sing;
Praise Him who is all praise above,
The sources of wisdom of love.
2. How vast His knowledge, how profound!
A deep where all our tho’ts are drowned;
The stars He numbers, and their names
He gives to all those heav’nly flames.
3. Thro’ each bright world above, behold
Ten thousand thousand charms unfold;
Earth, air, and mighty seas combine
To speak His wisdom all divine.
4. But in redemption, O what grace!
Its wonders, O what tho’t can trace!
Here, wisdom shines for ever bright;
Praise Him, my soul, with sweet delight.
1. Holy Spirit, teach me the way to walk in the path of righteousness all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. I hand over my life completely unto the Holy Spirit. Take absolute control, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Spirit, help me to be faithful in whatever God has committed into my hands, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Holy Spirit, restrain me anytime I want to go astray in the journey of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Power of the Holy Spirit, break every resistance to the fullness of Christ like nature in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. I refuse to be the enemy of the Holy Spirit, my divine helper, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. O God, nail to the cross today, the stronghold of my flesh resisting the fullness of your Spirit in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Acts 27 – 28
MFM Daily Devotional 10th December 2021 | Mountain Top Life Message. The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) is a Pentecostal denomination founded in Yaba, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria in 1989, now with churches in several countries. It was founded by Daniel Kolawole Olukoya.