Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional October 4, 2017
Topic: Appreciate Honesty from Other People
Key Verse: Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing. – 1 Thessalonians 5:11
MESSAGE: Everyone loves compliments, but very few know how to handle constructive criticism. No one likes to be wrong, which makes it hard when people need to tell us things we don’t want to hear.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional Messages: Notice The Little Things
But we need to be thankful for honesty in other people. I once heard someone say, “Only two people will tell you the truth about yourself: someone who is angry with you and someone who loves you very much.” God uses both types of people in our lives, but He especially uses the honesty of friends and loved ones.
When someone can, in love, honestly show you how you can improve, the results are so much more valuable than empty, ego-stroking compliments. It’s this kind of relationship that the Bible describes as “iron sharpening iron.”
I urge you to be thankful for people who tell you the truth about yourself, even if it’s not what you want to hear.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional Messages: Don’t Bow Your Knee To Fear
When you hear the truth—especially something you weren’t aware of—you can change. Ultimately, honesty will make you a better person.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for placing truly honest people in my life. Their honesty may make me uncomfortable at times, but I know that when I listen to them, You can help me become a better person. Amen!
Today’s Daily Devotional was written by Joyce Meyer, the founder of Joyce Meyer Ministries.
- Moment Ifu and Ahneeka almost beat each other at Reunion (Video) March 26, 2019
- American pastor arrested for turning teenage girl into sex slave for him and other pastors March 26, 2019
- INEC declares Mohammed of PDP, winner of Bauchi guber poll March 26, 2019
- 2019 Elections: Secondus blows hot as APC wants PDP leaders arrested for illegal access to INEC server March 26, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 26 March 2019 – Stick with the Process until it Manifests March 26, 2019