- Court restrains Kano State Assembly from investigating bribery allegation against Governor Ganduje
Justice A.T Badamasi of a Kano state High court has issued an interim injunction restraining the State House of Assembly from further investigating the bribery allegation against Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.
Governor Ganduje has been enmeshed in a bribe scandal after journalist, Jaafar Jaafar, released videos of him allegedly receiving bribe in dollars from state contractors.
Delivering ruling on an ex-parte application by one Muhammad Zubair, the National Coordinator of Lawyers for Sustainable Democracy in Nigeria, Justice Badamasi granted Zubair his prayers which is to restrain the house from further investigating the governor.
Joined as defendants in the suit are the Kano State House of Assembly, the House committee investigating the allegation against Governor Ganduje, and the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice in the state.
He held that the respondents were served before the close of work today while the hearing of the case should be accelerated.
Justice Badamasi also issued a four-day ultimatum for the respondents to respond to the application and ordered the parties involved to ‘maintain status quo ante’ pending the hearing of the motion on notice.
Justice Badamasi then adjourned the case till Monday November 11th.
- Cossy Orjiakor flaunts her assets to celebrate Valentine’s Day (Photos) February 16, 2019
- Lady Gaga gets new tattoo down the length of her spine February 16, 2019
- Swimsuit model Michelle Chisara Okoro goes completely pantless (Photo) February 16, 2019
- TREM Daily Devotional 16 February 2019 – The Next Move Is Yours February 16, 2019
- 2019 Election: EFCC boss, Ibrahim Magu warns banks against suspicious transactions February 16, 2019