Daily Fountain Devotional 19th March 2023 Sunday Daily Devotional Reading
Read Sunday Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 19th March 2023 Message
TOPIC: Hear You Him!
TEXT: Matthew 17: 1-13(NKJV)
1. Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves;
2. and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.
3. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.
4. Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
5. While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”
6. And when the disciples heard [it,] they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid.
7. But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.”
8. When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
9. Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.”
10. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
11. Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.
12. “But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.”
13. Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.
Daily Fountain Devotional For Sunday, MESSAGE
Jesus took Peter, James and John to the mountain and was transfigured before them. They saw Moses and Elijah, heard Gods voice distinctly affirming the Sonship of Jesus Christ and commanding them to hear Him. The words of Jesus are contained in the Holy Scriptures. Elijah and Moses were on the mountain but God said hear and obey Jesus. This means that the word of Jesus supersedes or is the final authority to guide all aspects of life. Any instruction or prophecy from any great man of God that is contrary to God’s word should be rejected. This makes it important to master God’s voice so as to avoid deceptions through intentional devotion to the word, meditation and prayer. The disciples heard God’s voice distinctly because they were attentive, fully concentrated and undistracted in His presence.
Staying in God’s presence leads to greater understanding and increases ability to make links between the Scriptures and physical events. Jesus cleared the confusion of the disciples about the claim of the Scribes that Elijah will come first. The disciples got insight that the Scribes did not understand that John the Baptist, the forerunner of Jesus ministered and lived like Elijah. Beloved, devote time in God’s presence to hear Him so as to maintain your spiritual stability and guide your daily actions in all spheres of life in these terrible and confusing times.
PRAYER: Father open my ears to hear and help me obey Christ’s voice in Jesus name. Amen.
DAILY FOUNTAIN QUOTE OF THE DAY: If you live in My secret place, you will find rest under My shadow. Psalm 91:1
The Church of Nigeria is the Anglican church in Nigeria. It is the second-largest province in the Anglican Communion, as measured by baptized membership, after the Church of England.