DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2022 (Friday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Access Restricted
TEXT: Leviticus 16:1-19
1. And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died;
2. And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not; for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
3. Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place; with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.
4. He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired; these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.
5. And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
6. And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house.
7. And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
8. And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat.
9. And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD’S lot fell, and offer him for a sin offering.
10. But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.
11. And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which is for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which is for himself;
12. And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring it within the vail;
13. And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that is upon the testimony, that he die not;
14. And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.
15. Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that is for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat;
16. And he shall make an atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins; and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness.
17. And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel.
18. And he shall go out unto the altar that is before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put it upon the horns of the altar round about.
19. And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel.
“And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.” – (Leviticus 16:2)
DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2022 MESSAGE:
At the entrance to an Abbey in Yorkshire, there are three steps near the chancel door. One of black marble, symbolising sin; one of red marble, picturing the blood of Jesus; and one of white marble, indicating cleansing by the precious blood of Jesus.
In our text, God told Moses to inform Aaron, the high priest not to frequent the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle. This is where the ark of the covenant of God is placed, and above it is the mercy seat where God speaks to His people, Israel. The high priest was required to go into this most holy place once in a year with series of offerings made with animal blood to make atonement for Israel and the priests that minister in the Tabernacle.
He was required to come with a censer full of hot coals from the altar, with incense, to burn in the holiest place, while sprinkling the blood of the atonement. Other requirements include washing himself with water before and after going in, and putting on his high priestly garments.
Today, we have unrestrained access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ, our King and High Priest. We are not to come trembling like it was in the Old Testament, but boldly into the presence of God, to obtain mercy and find help at the hour of need (Hebrews 4:14-16).
We should not act rudely in God’s presence because of the benefits of the New Testament. As His covenant children, seeking God in the secret place of prayer will grant us more access to the provisions of heaven.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Come boldly into His presence.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2022 (Friday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 17 June 2022.