DCLM Daily Manna 20 April 2022 (Wednesday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 20 April 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Counsel For The Wise
TEXT: Proverbs 19:10-20
10. Delight is not seemly for a fool; much less for a servant to have rule over princes.
11. The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.
12. The king’s wrath is as the roaring of a lion; but his favour is as dew upon the grass.
13. A foolish son is the calamity of his father; and the contentions of a wife are a continual dropping.
14. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers; and a prudent wife is from the LORD.
15. Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
16. He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die.
17. He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
18. Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.
19. A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment; for if thou deliver him, yet thou must do it again.
20. Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
“Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.” – (Proverbs 19:20)
DCLM Daily Manna 20 April 2022 (Wednesday) MESSAGE:
According to Charles Spurgeon “Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years”. In the journey of life, it is wise to follow someone who knows the way. In a messed up world called the twenty-first century, one needs to hear divinely inspired and timeless counsel, and receive godly instructions to be wise in these last days.
Today’s reading warns against anger and indecent conduct in social engagement. Maturity in conduct that makes one accommodate the mistakes of less-privileged people is a necessity in human relationship. The passage condemns laziness while exalting the virtues of obedience and generosity.
On the home front, Solomon harps on the necessity of child discipline while appreciating the good roles that a prudent wife can play in making marriage the fulfilment of God’s plan. It however alludes to the biblical principle and wisdom in seeking the face of God to get a helpful and supportive spouse.
The passage also touches on the necessity of currying the favour of the king instead of his wrath. It is indeed wisdom to make friends with him. For the believer, the message is clear. Seeking God (the King of kings) and doing His pleasure should be of paramount importance to every heaven bound pilgrim.
Enough mistakes have been made already and you should not be another spiritual casualty like Demas and Samson. Instead, watch your tempers and your family relationship and allow the Spirit of God to help you overcome all the trials of Satan today.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The Scripture is your sure guide to success in life.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 20 April 2022 (Wednesday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.