DCLM Daily Manna 24 April 2022 (Sunday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 24 April 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: God’s Enabling Presence
TEXT: Jeremiah 20:7-18
7. O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived; thou art stronger than I, and hast prevailed; I am in derision daily, every one mocketh me.
8. For since I spake, I cried out, I cried violence and spoil; because the word of the LORD was made a reproach unto me, and a derision, daily.
9. Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
10. For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it. All my familiars watched for my halting, saying, Peradventure he will be enticed, and we shall prevail against him, and we shall take our revenge on him.
11. But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one; therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail; they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper; their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
12. But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart, let me see thy vengeance on them; for unto thee have I opened my cause.
13. Sing unto the LORD, praise ye the LORD; for he hath delivered the soul of the poor from the hand of evildoers.
14. Cursed be the day wherein I was born; let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.
15. Cursed be the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.
16. And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not; and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;
17. Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb to be always great with me.
18. Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?
“But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.” – (Jeremiah 20:11)
DCLM Daily Manna 24 April 2022 MESSAGE:
Conflicting emotion and passion sometimes attend our desire to obey God’s revealed will. No wonder Christ told His disciples to watch and pray because the spirit might be willing but the flesh would be weak. In discouraging and tempting moments, we need God’s enabling presence and partnership for courage and strength.
Jeremiah found himself in a perplexing situation. He had faithfully declared the word of God but the rebellious house of Israel ignored the warnings, mocked and ridiculed him. Knowing the terror of God, his inability to persuade the people almost discouraged him to the point of abandoning his ministry. Then, he remembered that God who sent him was with him, mighty and strong. This truth reassured and comforted him. All he passed through became just a test of his ministerial loyalty and faithfulness to God.
Many times, in life and ministry, situations and circumstances around us conspire to make obedience to God’s will tiresome and burdensome. During such moments, take recourse to His unfailing promises, abiding presence and His prevailing power. Always remember the goal He has set is attainable by divine enablement. Never be sad or despondent; with God on our side, we will always triumph, come what may.
Whatever challenges you may be facing today, in your personal life, marriage or ministry, just look up to God from whence comes your help. His divine presence is all you need to overcome.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is always there to help in times of distress.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 24 April 2022 (Sunday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 24 April 2022