DCLM Daily Manna 29 April 2022 (Friday) Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
DCLM Daily Manna 29 April 2022 Devotional
TOPIC: Proper Hygiene Enjoined
TEXT: Leviticus 15:19-33
19. And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days; and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.
20. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean; every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean.
21. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
22. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
23. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even.
24. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.
25. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation; she shall be unclean.
26. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation; and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation.
27. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even.
28. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.
29. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
30. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
31. Thus shall ye separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness; that they die not in their uncleanness, when they defile my tabernacle that is among them.
32. This is the law of him that hath an issue, and of him whose seed goeth from him, and is defiled therewith;
33. And of her that is sick of her flowers, and of him that hath an issue, of the man, and of the woman, and of him that lieth with her that is unclean.
“But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean.” – (Leviticus 15:28)
DCLM Daily Manna 29 April 2022 MESSAGE:
Well into the 19th century, liberalisation of soap making was uncommon; hence, it was heavily taxed as a luxury item in several countries. When the tax was removed, soap became available to most people and cleanliness standards across societies improved. Today, personal and domestic hygiene are no longer arduous tasks.
When God redeemed the Israelites from Egypt, out of concern over their physical health and wellbeing, He enacted a series of laws. This was to encourage them to maintain physical and spiritual cleanliness before Him. An axiom states that cleanliness is next to godliness. God is particular about cleanliness, which enhances wholesome health.
God’s laws prescribed personal hygiene practices among the Israelites. The woman was required to take good care of herself within specified duration. Non-adherence to stipulated statute would lead to contamination, which required sacrifice prescribed by the priest for cleansing. Furthermore, the unclean and all that encountered them are considered defiled and are isolated from the community.
No doubt, personal hygiene and physical cleanliness have greatly improved today. However, there is a great increase of moral decadence. Outrageous ways of living due to depravity have become the new normal while insidious pleasure and practices are widely accepted. However, God’s admonition is, “be not conformed to this world” (Romans 12:2). Maintain bodily and spiritual cleanliness always.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Endeavour to be clean within and without.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Samuel 6-7
DCLM Daily Manna 29 April 2022 (Friday) | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria. DCLM Daily Manna 29 April 2022