DCLM Daily Manna 5 July 2022 Devotional for Tuesday
TOPIC: God Cares For All
TEXT: Joshua 18:11-20
11. And the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families; and the coast of their lot came forth between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.
12. And their border on the north side was from Jordan; and the border went up to the side of Jericho on the north side, and went up through the mountains westward; and the goings out thereof were at the wilderness of Bethaven.
13. And the border went over from thence toward Luz, to the side of Luz, which is Bethel, southward; and the border descended to Atarothadar, near the hill that lieth on the south side of the nether Bethhoron.
14. And the border was drawn thence, and compassed the corner of the sea southward, from the hill that lieth before Bethhoron southward; and the goings out thereof were at Kirjathbaal, which is Kirjathjearim, a city of the children of Judah; this was the west quarter.
15. And the south quarter was from the end of Kirjathjearim, and the border went out on the west, and went out to the well of waters of Nephtoah;
16. And the border came down to the end of the mountain that lieth before the valley of the son of Hinnom, and which is in the valley of the giants on the north, and descended to the valley of Hinnom, to the side of Jebusi on the south, and descended to Enrogel,
17. And was drawn from the north, and went forth to Enshemesh, and went forth toward Geliloth, which is over against the going up of Adummim, and descended to the stone of Bohan the son of Reuben,
18. And passed along toward the side over against Arabah northward, and went down unto Arabah;
19. And the border passed along to the side of Bethhoglah northward; and the outgoings of the border were at the north bay of the salt sea at the south end of Jordan; this was the south coast.
20. And Jordan was the border of it on the east side. This was the inheritance of the children of Benjamin, by the coasts thereof round about, according to their families.
“And the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families: and the coast of their lot came forth between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.” – (Joshua 18:11)
DCLM Daily Manna 5 July 2022 Devotional MESSAGE:
A little group of missionaries sailed the oceans from the Western Hemisphere to preach the gospel of Christ in Africa, and in a couple of decades, thriving assemblies of believers cropped up all over the continent. World history is replete with little beginnings becoming great when left under the uninterrupted watch of the Almighty.
The tribe of Benjamin, known as “the smallest of the tribes of Israel”, was divinely gifted with rich resources as land was allotted to the Israelites when they took up occupancy of the Promised Land.
The Benjamites got a territory that lay between the tribes of Judah and Joseph, two powerful neighbours they could depend on for spiritual and economic relationships. Within the land of Benjamin were the famous cities of Jerusalem, Jericho, Bethel and Ramah among others.
There has always been mention of these renowned territories in relation to noteworthy events and the eminent personalities behind them. We remember the exploits of Jacob at Bethel. There is also Samuel the seer whose home was in Ramah, from where he judged Israel and built an altar to the Lord.
The New Testament also has revealing records of our Lord Jesus Christ performing monumental miracles in Jerusalem and Jericho.
God specialises in transforming what is despised into what is dignifying, when left in His care. He changes the penitent sinner into a conquering saint. These last days, the Lord is also waiting to deliver a humanity made little by the curse of sin.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
In God’s service, the little metamorphoses into the mighty.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 5 July 2022 Devotional | Deeper Life Devotional Guide was written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.