TOPIC: Change of status!
Opening Prayer: Help me dear Lord to meet with you as I meditate on your word in Jesus name
Scripture: Galatians 3:26–4:7
• Is there any promise for me to believe or hope for?
Paul, in bringing his arguments to a conclusion, reminds us of the following truths: 1. The state of man before Christ (4:1–3): Children who needed to be guided and protected by the guardian/school master (the Law) and enslaved by the dos and don’ts of the law. We could not access our inheritance. 2. What God did through Jesus Christ (4:4): ─ At the exact date set by God, Jesus Christ came down to rescue us from our bondage! Apart from becoming human, see what he did to bring full deliverance in Galatians 1:4. 3.
The result after Christ’s redemptive work on the cross (3:26–29 and 4:5–7): We are now God’s children (3:26; 4:6). We can freely call God, our Father or more intimately, “Abba” (the Aramaic familiar term for father, similar to saying, “Daddy”, 4:6). We are baptized in Christ and united with him (3:27). We are one with all the redeemed people of God, past, present and future. There is no distinction regarding sex, status or race (3:28). We are now the spiritual seeds of Abraham and inheritors of God’s promise (4:29; compare Genesis 12:2–3). We have the Spirit of God, his seal and a guarantee of that which awaits us as his heirs (4:7). What a multiple blessing!
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• For action: No distinction! In what ways will you seek to promote harmony across denominational and tribal divides in your country?
• Grant me the sufficient grace dear Lord to be on agent of Peace, love unity in my generation.
• Thank God for interdenominational corporate bodies such as Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Christian Council of Nigeria (CCN)
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with 2 Chronicles 14:11
Read the Bible in one Year
Josh. 16–18; Luke 17:20–37
Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th December 2020 – Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.