`TOPIC: Areas of Accountability Before God
SCRIPTURE: So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:12.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A day will come when you will tell God what you did with your life while on earth.
The Scripture makes it clear that a day will come when everyone will give account of their life before God (Romans 14:12). A day will come when you will tell God what you did with your life while on earth.
Now, I will like you to take note of four areas of accountability before God.
1. Accountability of your relationship with your Maker (Romans 14:12).
One day, you will give an account of your relationship with your Maker – how you related with Him in prayer, fasting and in the study of the Word. You will be asked on that day: “How was your relationship with your Creator while you were on earth?”
2. Accountability of your time and your resources (Romans 14:12).
An accountability of how you spent the resources God gave you will be demanded of you on the last day. If you lived carelessly without regard for time or you squandered Divine resources on pleasure, that day, you will give an account.
3. Accountability of your relationship with your fellow human beings (Romans 14:12).
You will also give an account of how you related with your fellow human beings. The quality of your relationship with people will come under Divine judgment.
4. Accountability of your life’s assignment (Romans 14:12).
On the last day, God will ask you how you carried out your life’s assignment or handled your public service.
So, maximise your life for God while you are still alive.
REMEMBER THIS: A day will come when you will tell God what you did with your life while on earth.
1. Make up your mind to invest quality time in maintaining quality relationship with your Maker.
2. Use your time and resources to the glory of God and the benefit of mankind.
3. Take your life’s assignment and your relationship with people very seriously.
PRAYER: I appreciate You Lord for Your heavy Word to me today. I ask for the grace to pay close attention to my relationship with You. Help me to live my life and spend my time and resources to glorify You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: INEVITABLE APPOINTMENT AND INESCAPABLE JUDGEMENT.
QUOTE: Take your relationship with God very seriously. Culled from “15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL” by Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY READING: James 2-4
AMAZING FACT: Human beings are the only living things that can sleep on their backs. This is one of our uniqueness.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Grace to be accountable be released for you today in Jesus’ Name.